This is not a new stud male we are campaigning. It is irrigation equipment we have started using, even if it was invented by New Zealanders!!!
We have been looking at it for years but never managed to get around to buying it. Now this is a qualification. We do not irrigate all our pasture. we want our pasture to dry out as much as it can to try and avoid parasite problems. In the Northwest, in fact anywhere wet and moderate, they abound. So we like long hot summers to help knock them over. BUT we do irrigate our Las Madras pasture ( expecting moms) and another where the moms who have given birth are with their new cria.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20L-FnIiLzA This KIWI is a bit hard to understand but it’ll give you the idea.
We love the K-Line because:
- It’s easy
- It is water wise…not much wastage
- It can cover large or small areas
- It does not need storing in winter
- It is relatively cheap
- It is quick
- It is above ground so no expensive repairs
- Installation is so so so easy and does not require digging trenches or setting up pipe or whatever
- It is rugged
It truly has saved me a heap of time at no cost. Exclaimer: I am not on commission!!!!!